Saturday, August 2, 2008

What A Wonderful World !

Among some beautiful pieces I have been hearing today, this one is still lingering ('what a wonderful world '- penned by George Douglas). I don't know why. Ah .. i guess this song and its melody identifies so much with today's day. Thats why I want to hear it again and again today. So I 've got to do something about it. A blog post .. may be. So let me tell you why it has been a wonderful day today. But before that, listen to these.

Thanks to Batra for talking about his imeem playlist today. I found it there.



Then there is this another beautiful version by Louis Armstrong which I heard back in Austin when Chinmayi played it to me.



And after all this lovely stuff, you've got to read this jibberish from my side.

A WONDERFUL DAY

i see sun rising gently
and breeze coming along
children skating outside
as i lie in my bed
snuggled in my quilt
i smile to myself
what a wonderful day

i see snow on mountains
and clouds clearing aside
buses trickling in
and people going by
as i stretch on my bed
and take a deep breath
i say to myself
what a wonderful day

i hop onto internet
and read my mails
check out the chat
and see friends in green
i roll on my bed
put chin on my palm
i type to myself
what a wonderful day

i play some music
play irish says friend
the sound of the violin
and flutes flow by
i get up for a while
and take a swing
i sing to myself
what a wonderful day

i make some tea
and do some chores
do the laundry
and dishes and stores
i sit on my bed
slurp some tea, look outside
i think to myself
what a wonderful day

i lie down again
pull up my quilt
chat with friends
watch some shows
then listening to songs
dozed off again
i dream to myself
what a wonderful day

1 comment:

arvind batra said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the wait is over, our man is back. What a wonderful day!



Nothing beats Louis Armstrong
s version. His voice had the charisma for me.